The NSW Government has reformed the compulsory third party (CTP) insurance scheme to reduce the costs of CTP Green Slips for vehicle owners and better support people injured on our roads.
If you were the registered owner of a private vehicle as at midnight 30 November 2017, you may be able to claim a CTP Green Slip refund for insurance policies bought or renewed before 1 December 2017.
You are likely to be eligible for a refund where the private vehicle was registered in:
- Sydney metro, Outer metro, Newcastle, or Wollongong region and the insurance premium was paid from February 2017 onward
- Country region, and the insurance premium was paid from May 2017 onward.
What you’ll need
- a MyServiceNSW account
- your banking details
How to Claim
- Select Claim Online or visit https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/ctp-refund-login-or-signup.
- Log into or create your account.
- Follow the prompts to claim a CTP refund.
- Review and submit your claim.