After the success of hipages.com.au, the market leader in finding qualified and vetted tradies to provide obligation free quotes. There are trade sites popping up everywhere claiming to find you tradies that are verified and ABN checked.
There are a few problems with many of these pop up overnight sites:
- These sites do not actually have that many trades on their site
- You do not know who your details are being sold to
The reality is that if the site does not have a trade that can do your job and they can’t make money from it, they will sell your details as a lead to someone else who can.
- If the site only has a contact form and no phone number to speak to someone, walk away now
- Be weary of sites that allow you to leave a review without engaging their services
- Sites that lack any information about the business and images of previous work done should also be avoided
Our best tip is to always search their directory first to see how many trades they have in your area before submitting your information for a quote.
So the question is did https://www.tradiesonline.com.au pass our test and are they the real deal?
Short answer: No
- We did a search in the tradiesonline.com.au directory and found that they had 8 tradies in Sydney for Blinds and Curtains. They seem to fall short of their claimed 100,000 tradies on their platform. Whereas hipages.com.au returned 300+ business supplying and installing Blinds and Curtains. We also tested this out a few more categories and we know that they are absolutely not 100,000 tradies on their platform.
- We could not find out much information on the people behind tradiesonline.com.au besides the owner of the domain name PUGLIA, ROSARIO CARLO
- There is no phone number or email address, just a simple form to contact tradiesonline.com.au. What’s bad about this is that they somehow expect me to pay money to join the site as a trade.
- I was able to search the directory and start writing reviews for businesses that I had not even contacted or done business with in previous
- Most of the business advertised on the tradiesonline.com.au platform did not have much information about the business, no photos just a phone number. So it’s almost a glorified phone directory.
- Trades who are considering paying to advertise should ask for a 2 week trial period at no cost before parting with your money.
- Trades should ensure that their page listing is going to be set up correctly with information about your business and images of work previously done
- People looking for trades and quotes should probably stick to the larger sites such as hipages.com.au, AirTasker and ServiceSeeking.com.au