In October 2018 we tried and tested Chow Bella Cafe and gave them praise. See article. But it would seem a lot has changed since then including new management.
It was a Saturday, 2 PM in the afternoon and they had 4 customers in the Cafe. We walk in, while hungry did not have a whole lot of time before we had to leave again. Signs around the cafe mention fresh pasta.
So we ordered 3x Fettuccini Gamberi (these should be quick). The Gamberi contains prawns, Napolitana sauce, a hint of chilli, onion and parmesan cheese.
A few problems here,
- We waited 28 minutes from the time of ordering until the dishes arrived at the table.
- The pasta was overcooked and not a fresh pasta but something bought from Woolworths
- There was no parmesan cheese
- The mushrooms in the dish were canned champignons
- The Napolitana sauce had a ‘whole tomatoes in can taste’ and was bitter, there was no rich developed flavour like this sauce should be.
The only good thing about this dish was that they were generous with the prawns, with 6 prawns in each dish.
Would I go back and spend $60 on 3x basic pasta dishes from here ever again? NO. These dishes are not worth the $20 asking price. The service was very average.
It’s sad to see this Cafe change so quickly to be almost the worst cafe on the block. Numerous other reviews on Google and Facebook indicate a consistent issue not only with food but with coffee and juices. Chow Bella, we ain’t coming back!
Management seems to have the same response to every complaint, we’re sorry and ask what day it was or who the manager on duty was. But nothing seems to be changing.
Located in: Lidcombe Centre
Address: 26/92 Parramatta Rd, Lidcombe NSW 2141
Phone: (02) 9748 8802